Monday 26 August 2013

SBC Day 4: Sleeeeeeeeeep

Sleep, precious sleep...why must you evade me?  Pregnancy insomnia started who knows when, followed by 10 and a half months of 2-4 feedings per night and I can't forget the other nightly wake-ups coming from M-Bear when she has "bad dreams" that are really just bad thoughts that she feels she needs to wake us up about.  This mama needs a full night's sleep!! That isn't counting the one night when the monitor battery died and I got 5.5 hours of straight sleep - the pain and shock that I awoke to cancel out any thought that that was close to what is considered a full night's sleep.  And who came up with the crazy idea that 6 hours is a full night's sleep?  Definitely not a mom.  I need 9-10 to function normally.  Needless to say, it has been over a year since that has happened here.  With two kids, I can't nap when the baby sleeps - that's playtime and one on one time to be spent on the other.  Someone, please tell me that sleeping through the night will happen again...I am feeling desperate, tired and well, tired.  Sleep used to be my best friend and now it feels like we had an ugly, ugly break up. 

This post is a part of the Summer Blog Challenge 2013. You can check out the full list of participants HERE, and comment on Liam’s blog to join us! Meanwhile, check out what Liam, Natasha, Zita, Hethr, April, and others are up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment